Tuf Shine - Tyre Clearcoat 473ml
Tuf Shine described their Tyre Clearcoat as revolutionary and claim it will outperform their competitors. So obviously we had to have a try and they weren’t wrong!
Tuf Shine Tyre Clearcoat is a non silicone, non oily water based tyre dressing that lasts several months rather than days or weeks. It works by sealing the rubber so that the lubricants added at manufacture remain in the rubber tyre. The anti-static protection of Tyre Clearcoat repels dust, dirt and water. Tuf Shine Tyre Clearcoat physically creates a barrier between the rubber and the elements that protects the rubber from UV and environmental damage. Not only that, but the finish left behind by Tuf Coat is completely dry to the touch with no residue transfer or sling and splatter onto the paint when you drive off.
The best thing about the product though is the more coats that you add the richer, deeper black you’ll get, with one coat leaving a nice factory finish, with three or more layers leaving a really glossy finish.
Before you apply Tuf Shine Tyre Clearcoat, It is necessary to ensure the tyre is completely free from other silicone based tyre dressing. To do this we recommend using the fantastic Tuf Shine Tyre Cleaner which should be sprayed onto the tyre and agitated with a stiff brush. The ideal brush for this task is the Tuf Shine Tyre Cleaning Brush. Simply spray the cleaner on, rinse with a open hose and repeat the process until no more dirt is left. Removing the old residue and dirt will ensure a proper bond with Tuf Shine Tyre Clearcoat to the rubber.
16oz (473ml) Bottle, complete with Tyre Dressing Applicator
Directions (after cleaning)
Tires must be cool and dry. Do not apply in direct sunlight or in temperatures under 50 degrees
- Shake contents.
- Apply a small amount onto the applicator sponge.
- Apply to whitewalls and raised letters first. Allow 5 or more minutes for the first coat to dry, which will seal the white areas.
- Apply a thin even coat to the rest of the tire following the circular pattern of the tire. Slight milky buildup is OK, smooth any runs. The tire shine will dry clear. If any black residue is drawn onto white areas, wipe off immediately with a clean damp towel. Allow to dry between coats. Liberal applications for 2nd and 3rd coats will further enhance tire shine.
- TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat is permanent, unlike other tire shine products. Wipe any residue from wheels and/or painted surfaces before it dries. Apply additional coats for increased tire shine. 3 to 4 coats will bring out the maximum shine. Touch up scuff marks and nicks to restore the tire shine and keep that new look.
- Rinse the applicator sponge with water for future use.
Care for the tire as you would the paint. To prolong the finish, use water and a soft brush or a gentle shampoo and water mix for heavier build ups on the tires. Avoid using strong chemical cleaners as they will dull the tire shine finish.