Gtechniq - G1 ClearVision Smart Glass
Gtechniq G1 ClearVision Smart Glass is a dedicated glass sealant that is designed to last for up to two years / 30,000 miles making wet weather driving both safer and less tiring. Also keeps windshields cleaner for longer and makes bugs and ice easy to clean off.
No smears and wiper blade proof.
What's special about Gtechniq G1 ClearVision Smart Glass?
Unlike regular rain repellent coatings that adhere to the surface of the glass using relatively weak physical bonds, G1 uses a chemical bond which gives G1 unrivalled durability. Gtechniq G1's excellent durability and exceptionally low smear characteristics make it ideal for car windscreens.
Please note that with glass coatings there is a trade off between durability and functionality. Whilst G1 is recommended for car windscreens for surfaces such as shower screens or marine glass where maximum repellency is required it is better to use G3 ClearVision Smart Glass (Max Repellency).
15ml (12.5m2 per 100ml.)
How do I use this product?
On new glass simply clean the glass and apply the coating using the applicator pads. On old glass we recommend using G4 Glass Nano Polish prior to application in order to remove all contaminants which would interfere with the bonding process.
For the front screen we recommend three coats whilst a single coating is sufficient for side screens.
- Do not dilute
- Apply at a temperature above 5oC and not in direct sunlight
- If you are applying indoors ensure that there is adequate ventilation
- Ensure that the surface to be coated is entirely free from fats/oils (we recommend cleaning and then polishing the glass with Gtechniq G4 Glass Nano Polish)
- For application of g1 use the application pad to wipe g1 onto the surface of the glass ensuring complete and thorough coverage. We recommend three coats on windscreens and a single coat on side and rear screens (we recommend applying two coats one immediately after the other on the windscreen and then doing the side and rear screens and finally applying the third coat to the windscreen)
- Allow the coating to dry for 15 minutes
- Once dried use another lint free cloth to apply the G2 residue remover and then buff using a cotton towel type cloth (cotton is preferable to microfiber as the densely packed fibers of the microfiber cloth may remove too much of the partially cured coating from the surface) until you have removed all residue
- We recommend buffing areas no bigger than quarter of a windscreen or half a side window at a time
- On application it is recommended to thoroughly clean your wiper blades with IPA or window cleaner or if they are towards the end of their lifecycle to replace since heavily worn or soiled blades can judder on the surface