Gtechniq C1 - Crystal Lacquer
C1 Crystal Lacquer is Gtechniq's signature paint sealant developed to be the ultimate sealant for all paint coatings. chemically bonds to become the new surface layer of your car/boat/ plane giving unrivalled UV resistance, dirt repellency, easy clean and swirl resistance. Lasts up to 10 times longer than dealer applied products.
200m2 per L.
What's special about Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer?
Gtechniq C1 has been independently proven in the world's most respected weathering facility: Where it proved to offer the best gloss retention of any other product tested. Over a simulated run of 3 years Arizona sunlight a Gtechniq C1 coated panel lost half the amount of gloss than its next best competitor and 1/3rd less gloss than the average score for all other products tested.
But gloss retention is only part of the story. Gtechniq C1 offers the following additional benefits:
Extreme Durability: Unlike regular polymer sealants, C1 actually becomes the functional surface of your car's paintwork. It does this by swapping part of its molecular structure with the surface molecules of your car's paintwork. This is a true chemical or covalent bond and as you can imagine this is a much strong bond than a physical bond which is how regular polymers and waxes adhere to your car's paintwork. In tests C1 outlasted dealer applied sealants by at least 10 times.
Scratch Resistance: Gtechniq C1 forms a sub micron cyrstalline film which is extremely hard. This characteristic makes C1 extremely effective at preventing minor scratching from poor wash technique on relatively soft automotive paint. We have run tests comparing C1 coated panels with uncoated and against panels coated with various high end carnauba waxes and polymer sealants. On average c1 coated panels exhibited 50% less marring.
Instructions for C1 Application
- Make sure the surface you are working on is cool, dry and out of direct sunlight
- When applying the product always wear latex gloves to prevent C1 coming into contact with your skin
- Dab product onto the application pad • Replace the lid on the bottle and set aside (do not keep the bottle in your hand as this promotes premature curing)
- Change this pad after 3 to 4 applications of areas no bigger than half a car bonnet – if not you will feel the coating becoming sticky when applying which makes it extremely difficult to buff
- The coating forms an almost immediate reaction with the paint/grp molecules it comes into contact with. Reaction time is temperature and humidity dependent – for normal room temperature at around 50% humidity we recommend buffing between 30 and 60 seconds afterwards
- You may need to buff the same area several times to remove residue. We recommend using two microfiber cloths at any one time. Please note that you are only removing excess product. Avoid buffing with too much force as this can both marr the surface you are protecting and you may also drag the partially cured coating off the surface
- Take care that the microfiber cloths you are using are rotated sufficiently quickly so that C1 doesn’t partially cure in the cloth as it will make buffing residue significantly more difficult
- If you miss removing residue and it cures fully you should repolish this area and then reapply C1
- As soon as you finish put the microfibers in water and wash and tumble dry as soon as possible otherwise the C1 will crystallise in the cloth
Available in 30ml, 50ml & 100ml Bottles