CleanYourCar
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm
Posts: 17401
Location: Abingdon-0n-Thames
pjgh wrote:
Reading this thread, 671 will remove layers:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=78215

That's fine ... so whatever stage I have, 671 and then 601/105 for me.


So it does and I'm on that thread so I must have read it :oops:

_________________
Another tea-time, another day older
Peugeot 308 e-Hdi Allure, Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 pm
Posts: 9940
Location: Woking
The 'splurge' for 671 recommends it for dark coloured cars, that have been machined polished :idea:

On Saturday, I washed the Nissan with 901 and dried off, using the Aquawax and it started to rain as I finished. Started beading nicely :D Heavy downpours during Sunday night and most of yesterday, water on the car, was very flat this morning :cry:

Oh well, will have to apply some ClearKote products next :idea:

_________________
"The Truth Is Out There!!"
'15 Ford Kuga Titanium X Sport / '14 Audi A5 S-Line Special Edition Cabriolet / '90 Ford Escort XR3i


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:30 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm
Posts: 17401
Location: Abingdon-0n-Thames
mulder wrote:
The 'splurge' for 671 recommends it for dark coloured cars, that have been machined polished :idea:

On Saturday, I washed the Nissan with 901 and dried off, using the Aquawax and it started to rain as I finished. Started beading nicely :D Heavy downpours during Sunday night and most of yesterday, water on the car, was very flat this morning :cry:

Oh well, will have to apply some ClearKote products next :idea:


I've not had that problem :shock: Mine is still beading like a wax.

I haven't used any 111 on mine; just the 105 then Aquawax.

_________________
Another tea-time, another day older
Peugeot 308 e-Hdi Allure, Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 pm
Posts: 9940
Location: Woking
I have at least 3 coats of 111 + 105 + Aquawax on the Nissan and you wouldn't really know, which is a shame.

Used 901 + Aquawax on the Escort and it was awesome in the wet, at the beginning of last week.

As mentioned before, having trouble finding a nice combo for the Nissan; even considering some Swissvax Samurai wax for Crimbo

_________________
"The Truth Is Out There!!"
'15 Ford Kuga Titanium X Sport / '14 Audi A5 S-Line Special Edition Cabriolet / '90 Ford Escort XR3i


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 pm 
Offline
Ruler of the Fluffy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 13951
Location: Halifax, UK
I now have 652, 601 and two coats of 105 - the beading is lovely on the white SAAB. I think I'll just carry on with the 105 finish and get hold of some Aquawax for maintenance through winter.

I must say, the products are not as nice to use as some that I have in my cupboard but the results are good. I'd prefer to use my Chemical Guys combo of EZ Creme Glaze and Jetseal, but I can save that for summer when that lovely glow really stands out.

Mulder - Do you think it's the colour or the Japanese paint that's the issue with your Nissan? I don't know who makes the products behind the scene, but the Serious Performance products seem to be a good choice for Japanese cars of your vintage. Again, they're to much to smell but a tactile set of bottles, nicely labelled and easy to use :lol: The shampoo is very much like Duragloss 901 without the cherry smell - I also have the cleanser/sealant and some QD.

_________________
Paul

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:06 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 pm
Posts: 9940
Location: Woking
I'm definatley no expert but I would put it down to the paint.

I have tried, so far this year, P21S, Rubbish Boys, Dodo Juice & Duragloss and none of them have been what I would class as durable.

Still got ClearKote, Chemical Guys & Klasse/Car-Lack to try as well.


Freshly Duraglossed

Image

_________________
"The Truth Is Out There!!"
'15 Ford Kuga Titanium X Sport / '14 Audi A5 S-Line Special Edition Cabriolet / '90 Ford Escort XR3i


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:02 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm
Posts: 17401
Location: Abingdon-0n-Thames
pjgh wrote:
I now have 652, 601 and two coats of 105 - the beading is lovely on the white SAAB. I think I'll just carry on with the 105 finish and get hold of some Aquawax for maintenance through winter.

I must say, the products are not as nice to use as some that I have in my cupboard but the results are good. I'd prefer to use my Chemical Guys combo of EZ Creme Glaze and Jetseal, but I can save that for summer when that lovely glow really stands out.

Mulder - Do you think it's the colour or the Japanese paint that's the issue with your Nissan? I don't know who makes the products behind the scene, but the Serious Performance products seem to be a good choice for Japanese cars of your vintage. Again, they're to much to smell but a tactile set of bottles, nicely labelled and easy to use :lol: The shampoo is very much like Duragloss 901 without the cherry smell - I also have the cleanser/sealant and some QD.


It's funny you do see it quite a bit on here that one person gets on really well with a product while another never does :!: It may well be the paint on the Nissan :? Anyone know if any tests of products on different makers paints have been done?
With regards the Serious Performance shampoo I've tried it and would not get it again; It did not foam up at all :!: It must be because we have very hard water around here :evil:. The 901 foam goes mad over the top of the bucket :lol:

_________________
Another tea-time, another day older
Peugeot 308 e-Hdi Allure, Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:52 pm 
Offline
Ruler of the Fluffy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 13951
Location: Halifax, UK
Boy! That is flat :shock:

Here's taken just now - it was Duraglossed two weeks ago (652, 601 & 105) and a second layer of 105 on Sunday followed by two days of rain:

Image
http://www.pjgh.co.uk/gallery_albums/du ... CF9169.jpg

Guys! There's a speck of dirt on my car :evil: :lol:

_________________
Paul

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:25 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm
Posts: 17401
Location: Abingdon-0n-Thames
No not a speck of dirt :shock: I don't feel so good :lol:

This was just taken too. 105 and Aquawax also 2 weeks ago.

Image

_________________
Another tea-time, another day older
Peugeot 308 e-Hdi Allure, Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 pm
Posts: 9940
Location: Woking
The above picture of the Nissan was taken no more than 3 days after the final application and it had 901, 652, 671, 601, 2 x 105 & 3 x 111 on it.

_________________
"The Truth Is Out There!!"
'15 Ford Kuga Titanium X Sport / '14 Audi A5 S-Line Special Edition Cabriolet / '90 Ford Escort XR3i


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:23 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm
Posts: 17401
Location: Abingdon-0n-Thames
mulder wrote:
The above picture of the Nissan was taken no more than 3 days after the final application and it had 901, 652, 671, 601, 2 x 105 & 3 x 111 on it.


That is odd. Good luck with finding something that does work on the Nissan.

_________________
Another tea-time, another day older
Peugeot 308 e-Hdi Allure, Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 pm
Posts: 9940
Location: Woking
Ash wrote:
mulder wrote:
The above picture of the Nissan was taken no more than 3 days after the final application and it had 901, 652, 671, 601, 2 x 105 & 3 x 111 on it.


That is odd. Good luck with finding something that does work on the Nissan.


In a Galaxy far, far, far away................................. :lol:

_________________
"The Truth Is Out There!!"
'15 Ford Kuga Titanium X Sport / '14 Audi A5 S-Line Special Edition Cabriolet / '90 Ford Escort XR3i


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm
Posts: 17401
Location: Abingdon-0n-Thames
mulder wrote:
Ash wrote:
mulder wrote:
The above picture of the Nissan was taken no more than 3 days after the final application and it had 901, 652, 671, 601, 2 x 105 & 3 x 111 on it.


That is odd. Good luck with finding something that does work on the Nissan.


In a Galaxy far, far, far away................................. :lol:


Well get some Star Wars wax Image Lightsaber proof I believe

Or you could always try a respray with non Japanese paint :shock: :lol:

_________________
Another tea-time, another day older
Peugeot 308 e-Hdi Allure, Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:59 pm 
Offline
Ruler of the Fluffy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 13951
Location: Halifax, UK
I've been scouting around some of the other detailing forums for some hints and tips of what else I could use the Duragloss products I have with ... what kind of combinations also work.

Anyway, I found a couple of interesting things ...

1. There'a a chap on Autopia who really rates 601 BEFORE polishing! He reckons the resulting "mirror finish" has more clarity when using 601 on the paint beforehand. One to try, I suppose.

2. The guys on Autopia generally recommend that 105 is left for about 12 hours before another product is applied - this certainly goes for Aquawax and seems to be general wisdom for following up with 111. I got a general impression that after 601, it was either 105 or 111 although many are using 111 after 105.

Mulder - I wonder ... did you Aquawax the Nissan after applying the sealants? I know I have not, since I don't have Aquawax yet. Ash ... how about you? Did you Aquawax straight after application or maybe a day or week afterwards? One to consider, anyway ...

_________________
Paul

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:11 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm
Posts: 17401
Location: Abingdon-0n-Thames
pjgh wrote:
I've been scouting around some of the other detailing forums for some hints and tips of what else I could use the Duragloss products I have with ... what kind of combinations also work.

Anyway, I found a couple of interesting things ...

1. There'a a chap on Autopia who really rates 601 BEFORE polishing! He reckons the resulting "mirror finish" has more clarity when using 601 on the paint beforehand. One to try, I suppose.

2. The guys on Autopia generally recommend that 105 is left for about 12 hours before another product is applied - this certainly goes for Aquawax and seems to be general wisdom for following up with 111. I got a general impression that after 601, it was either 105 or 111 although many are using 111 after 105.

Mulder - I wonder ... did you Aquawax the Nissan after applying the sealants? I know I have not, since I don't have Aquawax yet. Ash ... how about you? Did you Aquawax straight after application or maybe a day or week afterwards? One to consider, anyway ...


The first time I used 105 I waited to the next day before applying more 105 or the Aquawax; but since then I've used the Aquawax within an hour of applying the 105 and it seems to work fine. I think the name Aquawax is a bit misleading because it does not contain wax; it is in fact a liquid sealant containing the same ingredients as the 105.

I've read over on DW that you only need to wait 4 hours between coats of 106 or 111.

With regards the 106 bonding agent, I used it before the first coat of 105, which is what the instructions say.
According to Glossboss on DW it's also OK to use the 106 between coats of 105 or 111. I've tried it and it works a treat :D

_________________
Another tea-time, another day older
Peugeot 308 e-Hdi Allure, Peugeot 207 1.4 Hdi


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group