Ceramic coating for a transit van.

Moderators: Ash, freon warrior, mulder

Jambo26
Wash Mitt

Ceramic coating for a transit van.

Post by Jambo26 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:16 pm

Hi,

Wondering what would be a good, easy ish and cost effective, long lasting coating to apply. Don’t mind spending the time to prepare and apply it f I’m going to get say years of protection. And roughly how much product will I need. Standard high roof tranny van. In silver.
Audi A3 Sline Black Edition 2.0 TDI, Phantom Black, Bose, Full Leather, LED Zenon lights. LED plate lights, full footwell LED's, pressed plates, interia LED's, Audi S3 front brakes

Jambo26
Wash Mitt

Re: Ceramic coating for a transit van.

Post by Jambo26 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:37 pm

No body have any thoughts on this??????
Audi A3 Sline Black Edition 2.0 TDI, Phantom Black, Bose, Full Leather, LED Zenon lights. LED plate lights, full footwell LED's, pressed plates, interia LED's, Audi S3 front brakes

pxr5
Sponge

Post by pxr5 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:52 pm

I haven't used it but Tacsystems moonlight is one of the easier ones to use (only 4-6 hours cure time)

https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/tac-syst ... 250ml.html

But for me the best I've used is Fusso Coat, gives 12 months protection with a good prep beforehand.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/fusso-coat-dark-200g

Mark M
Lord of the Mitt

Post by Mark M » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:24 pm

I would imagine there's a huge amount of work to prepare a vehicle that size for a ceramic coating , full decontamination , machine poilish etc , have you considered a good sealant then use a spray on rinse of product to keep it topped up .

Mark

Jambo26
Wash Mitt

Post by Jambo26 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:09 am

Plans of changed slightly but I’m getting a brand new van now. I was planing of giving it a machine polish before any sealant or product applied. It’s going to be a massive task but was thinking of doing a side at a time. To make it easier.
It’s a silver. With vinyl lettering and graphics

Full de com and a light machine then a coating of some kind.

What’s everyone’s thoughts

Mark M
Lord of the Mitt

Post by Mark M » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:23 pm

If you've got the time go for it , I'm not sure what coating would be the best as I've never applied one . I would imagine a vehicle that size would take 2/3 kits though to cover it .

Mark