CleanYourCar
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:42 pm 
Sponge

Hello, I'm new here and to detailing, just ordered some scholl s20 after reading reviews and watching YouTube videos. I have a black VW Golf with some scratches scattered about but not fingernail deep, in sunlight there is a lot of spider webbing all over the car which I aim to remove and get the car back to looking in good nick as it's only 4 years old. My question is what would be the best pad to use, would a orange hexlogic pad be ok? Any other suggestions on combinations with the s20.... thanks guys. I will be using a das 6 pro polisher.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:51 am 
welcome to the Forum Lenny.

Scholl S20 Black is a relatively new polish to the market and until a couple of months ago wasn't available in a smaller volume.

I used the S20 on the Scholl navy Blue spider pad and I can understand why Scholl recommend using S20 with calibrated face pads - The calibrated face wicks away friction heat.

Having said this, S20 should work with any pad, but not to it's maximum capabilities.

Looking at all the factors you have listed....I wouldn't use the S20 Black....Instead use Scholl S30+ on the orange hexlogic or 3M's yellow pad. It'll get you just as good results as the S20 with the added bonus of not needing to buy 500ml (enough for 10 whole cars!)