CleanYourCar
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1998 Toyota MR2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:38 pm 
Sponge

Hi guys,

I finished an MR2 this weekend that Ive been working on bit by bit for the last couple of weeks in the evenings. I dont think I've come across a single car that needed so much work to get it back into good condition as this one did; apart from maybe my own car did :lol:

It was left with me to do a pre-sale prep whilst the owner went on holiday as he is now going to put it up for sale having bought a 14 plate Audi A4 S line, which I will get to do also in the coming weeks. On the Toyota he wanted the brakes painted up and there was a repair to do to the cracked front bumper and the same on the rear. I don't know why i volunteer myself for other jobs other than detailing work as it always seems like a straight forward thing to do, but then turns into a ball ache wishing I'd never agreed to do it...I must make a mental note to turn down body repair work... [-X

Anyway extensive work was done in the arch areas and brakes on this then the whole car machined after fixing some lacquer damage on the roof section....I mean, why not...I was doing everything else :roll: :lol:

Its late and I've just got in so for ease, here is the link to the pictures on my page :wink:
https://pallasar.wordpress.com/gallery- ... a-mr2unfo/

Post subject: Re: 1998 Toyota MR2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:27 pm 
Wash Mitt

Nice! I bought a red MR2 on an 'R' plate in 98 too. They only sold about 254 in total in the year if I remember correct. The toyota alloys went scuzzie within 18 month - 2 years so the dealer replaced them all FOC under warranty. 2 years later when i sold the car, they were going scuzzie again!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:34 am 
Wash Mitt Wonder

good to see someone looking after there mr2.
I had 2 a white rev3 na then went and got a rev 3 turbo managed to get it to 400bhp but my mate went to rouge motorsport and got his to close to 900bhp hitting 10seconds 1/4 mile thing was awesome.

Honda CRF250

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:49 pm 
Sponge

Great work,

Always nice seeing an MR2 on these type of threads - I just sold my Rev 5 Cosmos Blue a couple Months ago, Slightly regretting the decision!