CleanYourCar
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Got myself a new camera
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 pm 
After selling the 40d, lenses, batteries, CF card etc then getting a Fuji s4500 which I decided I didn't like and sold 8 months later I've just picked up a Lumix TZ30 brand spanking for £149.00.

Looks like an amazing bit of kit and all the reports support this so here's hoping, from initial playing around with it things look good, once I've got some shots I'll post them up and you can all see what you think.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 am 
Wash Mitt

Good choice, Lumix cameras are excellent and Leica know a thing or two about making lenses. More portable than a full size DSLR like the 40D too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:29 am 
Cheers, been looking at getting one for a while and with the curry's offer on the 30 it was too good to pass up.

Just noticed my battery charging light has gone out so here's to some photos :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:16 am 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Blimey! That is a good deal!

When we went to Bruges last October, I donated our point and shoot to a London Taxi driver :roll:
So, finding ourselves in Bruges, wanting to photograph everything and not having an internet connection to research anything, I had to make a snap decision in a foreign language camera shop and bought a Sony WX7. In pink. It's a cracking little camera and absolutely trumps my (aged) Canon.

I do like my DSLR for shots with old Soviet glass, manual focus. For just about everything else, I grab the point and shoot.

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 am 
Bang on Paul, the 40D was superb and gave some great images but lugging the backpack around, changing lenses etc didn't make it suitable for most situations so that went and the bridge came along and, whilst good it was neither a DSLR nor compact so that got sold on Ebay for very nearly what I paid for it and now I've got this.

I don't thing you'll ever beat SLR for pure quality, tinkering and adaptability but with advancements in technology and convenience a compact suits most occasions that I'll find myself in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:34 am 
Wash Mitt

I have gone the same way, leave the 7D at home more and more often now and take the Powershot compact instead.