CleanYourCar
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:11 pm 
Wash Mitt

I bought this as i am nearly out of my current choice of wheel cleaner Bilberry.
Dont get me wrong Bilberry is good enough i just wanted to give this a go as i like the way the product is, Spray-Dwell-Rinse.
I made up a batch of 1:4 (product:water) and have used it yesterday on my mums car and today on mine, which too be fair both were filthy.
My wheels are in good condition having been refurbished last year and having protection on them - Autobrite Very Cherry Wheel Sealant.
My wheels cleaned up very well with no need for a second application or aggitation, also the sealant is still there after using the wheel cleaner and has been on for about 5-6 weeks now.
On my mums wheels, they have no protection and have not been cleaned for about 3 weeks, it did need a second application on the fronts as they were worse on the front, as wheels tend to be.
If i had aggitated the corners of the spokes first time round i would not have needed to do them again.
It is a better cleaner if you want a cleaner like this, Spray-Dwell-Rinse, if you dont mind scrubbing than at the same ratio Bilberry will give the same results.
You do need to apply with a foaming trigger spray head to get the best of it so the cleaner clings to the wheels. I have tried it with a normal mist spray head and found it does not cling for long so it cant do its thing properly.
All in all a very capable and good cleaner, one which i will replace when i run out.
Dilution Ratios:

Neat to 1:5 for heavilt soiled wheels
1:5 to 1:20 for lightly soiled wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:33 pm 
Waffle Weave Wonder

Great review :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:38 pm 
Waffle Weave

Nice little review.

Addition to this which I would add is that if the product is left for a considerable dwell time it becomes tacky almost like a sugar syrup, this doesnt remove all to well and needs going over again unlike billberry which stay wet for quiet some time.

www.beautechnique.co.uk
Follow us on our social media @...
Facebook
Twitter
Instgram
Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 pm 
Wash Mitt Wonder

I have also used Autobrites non-acid wheel cleaner, its brilliant - in my opinion its got the edge on Bilberry and its cheaper.

Follow us on Twitter & Facebook for regular updates...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm 
Waffle Weave

Seriously :shock:

Neither are amazing since ive used AS smart wheels and G101, neither are a patch on the AS products.

Ive used FAB, luxury suds and verry cherry and though there not bad I wouldnt shout from the roof tops about them.

www.beautechnique.co.uk
Facebook
Twitter
Instgram
Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:49 pm 
Wash Mitt Wonder

I'm a big fan of FAB, been using it just over 12 months now alongside G101. Depending on the soiling I choose one or the other as FAB isn't as strong - great for delicate interiors also.

But with any product its all down to taste, and what look/result you wish to achieve from them.

Follow us on Twitter & Facebook for regular updates...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:32 pm 
Wash Mitt

I have to say that some of Autobrites products are a bit hit or miss, i personally dont like Luxury suds, i got a 500ml bottle nearly a year a go and have only used it twice, i was not amazed the first time i used it and it sat on my shelf for months, but i gave in another go a few months later and i just didnt enjoy using it, so its been relegated to the top shelf now.
I am not that keen on the Prep Polish, or the Cherry Glaze Polish and Wax, for hand polishing i go for SRP everytime. The products i really like are Crystal Clear glass cleaner, the Berry Blast trim and tyre gel, FAB is pretty damn good too, oh i nearly forgot there Bubblegum Protectant, i was impressed with that, very nice for dressing ineriors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:13 am 
Wash Mitt God

When you say soiled what does this describe guys? The reason i ask is my MiTo wheels have took a beating over the winter. They have tar on them, a yellowish tinge on the leading edge of each blade and brake dust in some of the corners where the blades meet the rim. Ive tried Bilberry at roughly 1:6 Ratio but although theyre clean the above still remain. Now i realise the tar is gonna have to be tackled with a tar and glue product but what about the brake dust? Will any product lift that? The yellow tinge can be removed by cleanser (i had a quick blast with my Werkstat Prime at the weekend when i cleaned the car). I was thinking of trying Mellow Yellow. I would like to use a product if possible rather than having to clay/polish them if this is possible.

Thanks Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:26 am 
Waffle Weave

Any yellowing can be cuased by wear and tear with the ellements beating against the wheels, obviously the discription your giving of the brake dust in the corners will need a more manly approach so mellow yellow should do the trick if not megs wheel brightner certainly will.
Unfortunetly, any cleaning methods used on more worn/soiled areas will have a touch more what would seem aggresive approach used but as with everything, if handled correctly and in a safe manner they are all equal.
Always ensure with any cleaners you rinse thoroughly, even more so with acids around brake discs, callipers etc.
Even the most alledgedly safe wheel cleaners are higher in alkalinity than we all might think.

www.beautechnique.co.uk
Facebook
Twitter
Instgram
Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:57 pm 
Waffle Weave Wonder

GIZTO29 wrote:
When you say soiled what does this describe guys? The reason i ask is my MiTo wheels have took a beating over the winter. They have tar on them, a yellowish tinge on the leading edge of each blade and brake dust in some of the corners where the blades meet the rim. Ive tried Bilberry at roughly 1:6 Ratio but although theyre clean the above still remain. Now i realise the tar is gonna have to be tackled with a tar and glue product but what about the brake dust? Will any product lift that? The yellow tinge can be removed by cleanser (i had a quick blast with my Werkstat Prime at the weekend when i cleaned the car). I was thinking of trying Mellow Yellow. I would like to use a product if possible rather than having to clay/polish them if this is possible.

Thanks Phil

Have you tried Bilberry a little stronger? It worked a treat on some other wheels I had to tackle.