CleanYourCar
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:42 pm 
Wash Mitt Master

I changed my e-mail and was deactivated, I re-registered but lost my post count and mod status.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:27 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

I changed my e-mail and was deactivated, I re-registered but lost my post count and mod status.

... and all your old posts? If there one picture of yours I really should have downloaded, it's the boot area of the "Saved SAAB" :cool:

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:17 pm 
Wash Mitt God

Managed to miss this item somehow :oops:

I spotted this product for sale on ebay, several weeks ago now. I told my Daughter (Shelly on this forum) about it. Now, as she has a black Merc, she decided to buy a panel pot 'to try' (And, she used her own cash to pay for it :shock: ).

I also asked the ebay seller if a larger size tub or pot of this wax would be offered for sale. The reply stated that a larger size, 200ML if I remember correctly, will be available to buy in the near future. I do wish I hadn't deleted this message from my computer :oops: It would seem that this larger size is going to be packaged in a glass container, and will be priced around the £150.00 mark.

I have yet to try this new product, as both Daughter and car are on an extended holiday in Faro at the moment :roll: It's ok for some I suppose. But on 'er ladyships' return I will have a play with this new wax. I think it could be hard pushed to out perform some of it's established, and cheaper rivals. Petes 53 for instance? I might be wrong, but time will tell.

Kind Regards.

Paul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:37 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

I only tried it as a bit of fun - this very high montan wax content might be a gimmick, but it does darken the paint noticeably. Meguiars #26 also has this effect and is arguably the better wax given ease of application and removal.

It's the old "pure wax" ethos from Dodo Juice vs "happily engineered" products from other manufacturers. I've never been impressed with the beading or longevity of Dodo Juice waxes and so topped off with a mega-glossy wax like P21S or Collinite 476S/845, it would form part of a good combination given its darkening qualities.

Either way, it makes a fine shoe polish :twisted:

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing