It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:30 pm 
:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:04 am 
Waffle Weave Wonder

You..you guys cost me A LOT of money, I'm a poor old loony and I dont have money you know lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:48 am 
Leicester Looney wrote:
You..you guys cost me A LOT of money, I'm a poor old loony and I dont have money you know lol

tims got all mine now :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 am 
Wash Mitt

i have got this and i really like it,and as you dont need to use much a full bottle have lasted me months,its good stuff i like it but on its own the nfs will only last about a month,but if you put a good wax on top it lastes upto 4 months,but like me i wash my car every 2 weeks if the weather lets me any way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:54 pm 
Wash Mitt God

Well 1 year on after winning this stuff i got to use it today. The car was in a sad state and had some holograms off my last rushed Banana Gloss application so i wanted an AIO. Ive tried Zaino, SRP & Werkstat Prime so the obvious choice was the N4S. I would be using my G220 and a yellow 3M polishing pad to apply. All in all it left a lovley glossy finish but was very dusty! Even though the pad was still wet the dust was everywhere! Has anyone else found this? I know some people would wash down after machine work but with a product like this thats not right surely? Luckily or very unluckily it started thrashing down mid application and the dust disappeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:31 pm 
Waffle Weave

I can agree it gets faintly dusty by hand but by machine, unless youve used too much ive never come across a dust problem.

www.beautechnique.co.uk
Follow us on our social media @...
Facebook
Twitter
Instgram
Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:55 pm 
Wash Mitt God

Interesting. On one side of the bonnet for example i put a thin ring on my 3M pad. Heres a few pics anyway. I spread on speed 3 then worked at speed 5 then dropped down to 3 for a few passes but im not sure i needed to do this given the type of product?
Mid way through and the heavens opened big time! I had it on the roof curing and was part way through the boot etc when it started!
Nice beading and a sign of protection compared to the before after i foamed the car with G101 at 1:5.
Flat water just sitting
Anyway i waited till it stopped and carried on doing the rest of the car after drying theose areas then it started raining again!
Curing in the rain.....hopefully!
I waited again then with my Miracle dryer took all of the water of the car and was amazed at how much it sucked up when it was wet. It was holding about 1ltr of water at one point! :shock:
After that i buffed with a Eurow Towel but did have to use some Detailer. I went for Field Glaze.
All in all i really liked the stuff and would like to try again to see if i can use less and rid the dust. I did just use 3 small blobs on the wings etc but maybe the pad was loaded. Its very difficult to spur a pad on the da as it stops very easily! I was a bit disapointed that i still could see some evidence light swirls baring in mind i was using the polishing pad as opposed to the finishing pad ive used in the past with LP but i think i was rushed as Claire was giving me the evil look and the rain scuppered it in the end! It sems either the rain or she spoils every detail i do these days.
:cry:
Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm 
Waffle Weave

You would be just aswell using n4s on speed 2-3 on the yellow 3M pad, I tend to prime the pad with one line across then 2 drops there after as its a verythin product and little really goes far.
Working it at a simgle speed wont cause any issue as the abrasives arent that aggresive and it finishes down nicely.

www.beautechnique.co.uk
Follow us on our social media @...
Facebook
Twitter
Instgram
Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:56 pm 
Wash Mitt God

Ok, thanks Scott. I just went of a thread on DW. Its a great product mind. :D
Heres a few pics from work today when i wheeled it in to the workshop to do some swirl inspection. Its defo still got alot of scratches but the swirls have been knocked right back. Im far from happy but i just havnt got the time to do it to my full potential i feel. I need to take a days hol so i havnt got Claire glaring at me after 4 hours lol
I apologise for the qual, cam phone. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:11 pm 
Lord of the Mitt

Nice pics of the mito Phil , I seem to know that look myself ( you said you would be 1/2 hr and it's been all afternoon look ) they don't understand ! Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:09 pm 
Wash Mitt God

Mark M wrote:
Nice pics of the mito Phil , I seem to know that look myself ( you said you would be 1/2 hr and it's been all afternoon look ) they don't understand ! Mark

Thanks mate. With me it starts as a smile after 2 hours, then a forced smile on the stroke of the next hour then a grimace and 'how long?' then folded arms then last but not least the mouthing of 'your taking the p***!'
Its time to go in then and get the cold shoulder for the rest of the day, well eh normally night it is by then :lol:
Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:26 pm 
Lord of the Mitt

Just been out for my nightly mess with the van while the soaps are on , a wipe down with some finishkare fk#425 and a bit of Ag vinyl and rubber care on the trim and a quick wipe of the windows with some fast glass , Ah what a nice way to miss the soaps a get a bit of peace ! Mark