CleanYourCar
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:46 am 
Wash Mitt

mickylall wrote:
£16 shipping :shock: .i'll be in turkey in 3 weeks.send it to my house and i'll bring it over for you and post it to you,probably get there quicker as well :D

cheers,mick

Thanks for your offer Mick. I wouldn't want to bother you with this. I can order it directly. Shipping isn't that much high, an exact match to CYC's shippings, and consider CYC's £46 shipping for a gallon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:50 am 
Wash Mitt

You empty my wallet quicker than my wife Paul. I ordered a liter of Rude Wax from EBay.

I'll share my impressions could I try it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:40 am 
Wash Mitt

Finally, I could try Rude Wax on the car. I bought it in a liter bottle from EBay, in a no-name one since the company is closed. I had to transfer some to a smaller container to use easier. I applied it with an MF Applicator from Eurow. It took less than 25ml's for a Passat Saloon, as the bottle pictures show the little amount used from it.

It hazes really quick which should have reminded me to buff sooner but I thought I applied so thin that it would be easy to buff them altogether. I was wrong. I had to double buff to remove the residue, even using a little pressure in some spots.

Anyway, it came up good. It filled in some minor swirls, but I guess one coat wasn't enough to make it a swirl free paint. I believe it could fill in better if I had the time to apply a second coat.

Pictures are below. I couldn't catch much light yesterday evening so I took them this morning. I know they don't show much due to strong backlight (I had to adjust the contrast) and the car was in a thin coat of dust. Sorry no 50/50's.

Overall. It was a quick wax to apply, could be easier if buffed soon. Gives a good Carnauba look, fills in a bit, and inexpensive (£13 a liter from EBay). Yet to see the durability.