Briliant Rubber Cleaner and Tyre Gloss

Product reviews written by our members.

Moderators: Ash, freon warrior, mulder

David@DDB
Wash Mitt Wonder

Briliant Rubber Cleaner and Tyre Gloss

Post by David@DDB » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Bought some of this off Mike at The Polishing company, he's stocking a good range of their products, bought the trim gel weeks ago and all I can say is that is awesome so I had high hopes for the tyre gloss.

The products. So new not even a proper label on them yet. :wink:
The process.

Wet Tyres and then sprayed with the rubber cleaner.

Agitated with a hard brush, only one I had hard enough but did the job, I reckon would be easier with a had nailbrush etc.

Rinsed with hose, at this point a load of brown gunk and muck came off the surface of the tyre.

Tyres dried with a MF and left to air dry awaiting application of the Tyre Gloss, tyre at this point is definitely cleaner.

Tyre gloss apllied with a sponge applicator and worked into the surface of the tyre.

The finished article.

This is a great product, with bold claims of lasting weeks and through rain etc. The overall shine is similar to that of the Megs Endurance I usually use, but there is no slimy residue at all on the tyre, they have a nice shine and are almost dry to the touch. I will update this thread as they progress over the enxt few weeks.

Thanks for reading, hope this is of some use to someone.

And yes I know I need some new discs and my wheels refurbing,lol. :lol:
DDB Detailing and Valeting, quality vehicle cleaning in NE England. Operating from our unit in North Tyneside
Dodo Juice Authorised Detailer and Autoglym Approved Operator

http://www.ddbvaleting.co.uk

e- david@ddbvaleting.co.uk
t - 07809-213171

paulmc08
Wash Mitt

Post by paulmc08 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:26 pm

look's good David,i'll be keeping an eye on this for update's

try a little Vauxhall Star Silver touch up on the alloy wheel's edge's,it's the closest match you'll get for them and will deffinately improve the look :wink: believe me i've tryed them all lol

David@DDB
Wash Mitt Wonder

Post by David@DDB » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Cheers Paul, I am thinking of new wheels, just need to decide which ones, so they will be staying as winter wheels, may refurb them myself while they are off the car.
DDB Detailing and Valeting, quality vehicle cleaning in NE England. Operating from our unit in North Tyneside

t - 07809-213171

r32_dub
Wash Mitt

Post by r32_dub » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:41 am

This stuff looks intresting. Wouldn't mind giving it a go and comparing it against the g101 I am using at the moment?

This thread reminds me - I need a nail brush to get in and clean properly!

I also agree with you on the endurance gel Dave - it looks great but goes on like golden syrup and flags onto your tyres as such! Mean I have ruinied many a tyre scrubber as I can the the stuff off them?

Anyone else have this problem?

I have also bought some Zaino as I had seen this used a while ago and it seemed to sink in to the tyre better (actually got great beading too! :shock:)

GIZTO29
Wash Mitt God

Post by GIZTO29 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:28 am

Looks great mate, i'll watch with interest....
CYC Car Of The Month Winner November 09
?Image Image
XBOX LIVE & PSN: GIZTO29

Dazza95
Waffle Weave Wonder

Post by Dazza95 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Looks good, nice review :D

I never really liked Meg's Endurance; I found it very 'sloppy' and required too much buffing down on certain tyres to prevent any sling off, it also seemed to attract dirt to the tyres really well :!: I much prefer dressings in a liquid form as these can be quickly and easily applied with a paint brush, I spray a little on a paint brush and apply thinly to the tyre.

pcmf
Wash Mitt God

Post by pcmf » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Interesting products you've reviewed there David.

Like others I'll be very keen to read your update in a few weeks time, to see if the makers bold claims are indeed just that :lol:

Kind Regards.

Paul.

David@DDB
Wash Mitt Wonder

Post by David@DDB » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Washed the VW today, it's done about 150 miles and been out in the rain earlier in the week since I applied the Briliant tyre gloss. Wheels have been washed with megs wheel brightener and car snow foamed etc as normal.

All I've done with the tyres is wipe them dry and this is the result.

t - 07809-213171

madmoggy
Wash Mitt Wonder

Post by madmoggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Looks like a possible purchase if I get up that way, Im almost out of my tyre shine stuff