CleanYourCar
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:20 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

You know ... I was going to post tonight.

We had a proper cloud burst and the heavens opened just as I was driving home from picking my car up with new front calipers and my CO having been re-checked, so she's running fine now :cool: Setting the CO is something you have to do on old cars, BTW :wink:

Anyway ... C4 on the wing mirrors is a lot more fun than G1 on the windscreen. Sure, driving down the road with the water flying off the windscreen is a lot of fun, but watching the speed of the dots of water fly up the wing mirrors was hypnotic :D

No dusty patches once dried, just dry plastic ... a real joy. In fact, it is a sheer pleasure to touch, too - so soft. Yikes! I might be getting a plastic fetish!

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 pm 
Wash Mitt God

pjgh wrote:
You know ... I was going to post tonight.

We had a proper cloud burst and the heavens opened just as I was driving home from picking my car up with new front calipers and my CO having been re-checked, so she's running fine now :cool: Setting the CO is something you have to do on old cars, BTW :wink:

Anyway ... C4 on the wing mirrors is a lot more fun than G1 on the windscreen. Sure, driving down the road with the water flying off the windscreen is a lot of fun, but watching the speed of the dots of water fly up the wing mirrors was hypnotic :D

No dusty patches once dried, just dry plastic ... a real joy. In fact, it is a sheer pleasure to touch, too - so soft. Yikes! I might be getting a plastic fetish!

So Paul, theyve passed 'the test'! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:40 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

MOT was back in February. I keep blowing the wastegate control hose (which feeds a solenoid) off the turbo, so I've plumbed it from the intake manifold. The blanking hose I attached kept blowing off and I've had my CO and idle setup before with it missing, unbenown to me. Since spotting it, I put a new blanking hose on which knocked the CO out - running at about 5%, so that's back down to a healthy 1.8% (I think the MOT limit is 3% for pre-1992 cars). Anyway ... proper blanking plug fitted and screwed in, oil change, two new calipers on the front (made by Lockheed!), new rear caliper removed and replaced through warranty, tracking, alignment, idle, CO and road test. Pulls like a figher jet now :cool:

Worried about hydrocarbons with that CO? Nah! It's a turbo - my HC figure is well UNDER 100!!! I bet most modern cars are more like 3000! Hugging the environment :wink: It's a true SAAB :cool:

Actually, while showing a kid exactly where his redline is ... sorry, that should read careful and considerate boost control testing ... the damn water flying off the wing mirror got me right in the face. If it wasn't nano-coated I would have remained dry!

Oh, they wiped an oily rag over part of the windscreen which I noticed in the sun ... before it rained ... HARD! That washed off perfectly, leaving gleaming glass. That G1 magic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:42 am 
Wash Mitt God

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:16 pm 
Wash Mitt Master

Location: On full throttle...along way from where I started off
All sounds good!

What can I use to clean the trim, without damaging wax? Anything? Remembering, im not the most steady handed and my masking tape marks the paint too :?

Gin/IPA?

"I just blew my mind. And I blew the world's mind." - Usain Bolt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:30 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

I used neat IPA on a make-up remover pad. The pad is small - I think that's your best chance.

Likewise, apply with a make-up remover pad, flip over to work the excess into the plastic and leave it at that for a glossy look; wipe with a towel for a matte look. That towel cannot be used for wiping paint since the product WILL crystallise into the fibres.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:55 pm 
Wash Mitt Master

Still going strong Paul?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Absolutely! Perfect beading, silky soft (but non-greasy) to the touch with the roof and window down ... cleans up no problem at all. Beading with just water. I've coated a load more on the 'vert, even non-plastics, allowing a coat of silica to cure over a painted surface.

Love it!

Best product yet, for plastics and even painted plastic areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:05 pm 
Wash Mitt Master

I just posted else were - I have been on the ford parts website and my trim is sold and suposed to be grey :cry: thats why i am having such a 'mare trying to get it black...stuck now on what to try for the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:07 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

RPM wrote:
I just posted else were - I have been on the ford parts website and my trim is sold and suposed to be grey :cry: thats why i am having such a 'mare trying to get it black...stuck now on what to try for the best

GTechniq C4 revealed the true glory. Wipe over with NEAT IPA first and then G4. Your trim will be back to how it should be. The IPA will remove EVERYTHING! C4 will simply coat it with a light glossy coat ... wipe off with a paper towel to get a matte finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 pm 
Wash Mitt Master

So you say go for it even if its not really going to blacken it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:10 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

GTechniq C4 does not blacked trim.

It blends with the molecular structure of plastic and restores the life. Cleaned first with neat IPA, you're sure to get "brand new". It does appear expensive, but one single inversion on a make-up remover pad and that will do BOTH sides up the doors on your car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:13 pm 
Wash Mitt Master

Oh right, so im still going to be stuck with grey trim, just newer looking grey :lol: drat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:33 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

If you want to dye it black, you'll need a dye. IPA neat, first to clean, then dye ... then seal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 pm 
Wash Mitt Master

I think its going to the body shop asap to be painted gloss black or at least panther black!

I spotted a 'custom' body shop today so I might stop off there one day and ask them for a quote.

I would want everything taken off though and done off the car to avoid overspray and the workers brushing past the paint etc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next