hiding small stone chips on black car

For any other detailing chat please feel free to post here.

Moderators: Ash, freon warrior, mulder

david37
Sponge

hiding small stone chips on black car

Post by david37 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:00 pm

hi all,i bought a 2012 kia ceed in black a few months ago and been new to detailing decided to give it a good clean ,i washed it, detared it ,used iron x on it ,then clay barred it,then gave it a polish by hand using gtechniq p1 which did a decent job of removing swirl marks.It was after this that i noticed quite a few small stone chips on the bonnet and front bumper which had been filled in with the white polish and which are not generally noticeable.I had also purchased some fusso coat soft 99 sealant which i was going to use after polishing but now realized this would also fill in the stone chips and show them up.I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas what i would be best doing as far as hiding the stone chips.Could i use something like poorboys black hole glaze first then put the fusso coat on top or put the fusso coat on first then put a black tinted wax on top of that.I did try looking through the forum for answers but became a bit confused with this all been new to me.Anyway if anybody has any ideas as to what techniques i could use or ideas on what products to use they would be greatly appreciated ,thankyou for any replies in advance thankyou.

Torque

Re: hiding small stone chips on black car

Post by Torque » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:14 pm

If it were me, I'd strip the area so there's nothing to adversely react, get a small pot of the correct colour black paint, dip the end of a cocktail stick in it and fill the chip with paint.

Make it slightly proud, give it time to start drying but don't leave it until it's rock hard and then polish it so as you take it down to the level of the rest and then leave it to fully dry before doing anything else.

There'll be some trial and error involved but nothing to be afraid of.

Job done