Claybarring

For any other detailing chat please feel free to post here.

Moderators: Ash, freon warrior, mulder

blockwax
Wash Mitt Wonder

Claybarring

Post by blockwax » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am

Will claying remove light overspray.....

willington

Re: Caybarring

Post by willington » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 am

It should do just that... clay bars were invented for that task.

If the overspray landed upon paintwork which already had a wax/sealant coating, the overspray should easily come off. If it doesn't, then a machine polish, using a compound polish should do the job.

blockwax
Wash Mitt Wonder

Re: Claybarring

Post by blockwax » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:34 am

After the clay bar remedy I realise that's the answer (thank you very much ) so in order to try and make things simple these days due to seized up body and joint parts I tried the alternative to the Claybar itself, by using and trying for the first time ever a Claymit although if it hadn't been oversprayed by a zealous car sprayer I wouldn't have found out about it, the paintwork "underneath" the contaminated paint is always kept in top order so the mitt had an easy ride but with really good results......you don't have to be away from these forums to get behind ......cheers guys Joe

Jwh1970

Re: Claybarring

Post by Jwh1970 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:20 am

Just one more point go very light with your claying and use a soft clay and plenty of lube,my reason for saying this is clay barring a car can cause marring and will need a hand polish or in some cases a light machine polish to remove.