CleanYourCar
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 pm 
Sponge

Evening all
Been an avid ocd car amateur detailer for a while but this has stumped me so need help.
My Audi S8 in black met which is just over a year old has recently been hit with marks in the clear coat which resemble water marks but seem to be something worse.
I detailed the car myself thoroughly last summer after the dealers polish left me wanting. After minor paint correction i protected the paint with bitemax extreme elements and topped with a good wax.
The car is washed off properly every week without fail but about a month ago whilst drying off I noticed this mess.
The car was prepared and treated to britemax extreme elements before the winter and over coated with petes 53 wax. Only in march i was thinking how good the finish still looked even in direct sunlight.
Then one weekend all hell broke out.
The first time i noticed this mess was about a month ago now, it is is only really on the bonnet boot lid and roof. After a thorough clean and wipe down i set about polishing the affected areas with my d/a and menzerna final finish which really didnt touch it. I eventually moved on to menserna cutting 400. This seemed to have the desired effect and after working through the panels with that and then the finishing polish i was satisfied the marks had gone and treated the areas to britemax extreme elements again.
Two washes/weeks later they returned!

I spent the whole day again working through the steps above this time using my rotary and the orange hex quantum pad for cutting again working down through to final polishing uses the menzerna polishes. Once i was satisfied i again finished with extreme elements.
But again two weeks two washes down the line the marks have returned. The boot lid and roof seems to be worse this time although i can see them in the bonnet too, sunlight really shows them up.
I am really desperate to know what to do to shift this mess, it is driving me mad as i really am ocd about my car despite it being my daily driver which sits outside. My wifes car (another audi) shows no sign of this mess, so i can only assume i have picked this up elsewhere?

Any help or suggestions welcome, i have some photos i can try and post up if this helps ?
Cheers
Glyn

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 pm 
Sponge

Welcome. That's a really odd one. The only common factor in this as I read it is the Britemax Extreme Elements. Or it could be something in you maintenance regime. Could it be possible too that you have gone through the clearcoat in places - hard to tell. Unfortunately this forum is very quiet these days. For a more appropriate response I would post your issues at www.detailingworld.co.uk where you will undoubtedly get an expert response. Pictures would be a must as well. Good luck.