- Find us
- Call us
- Mail us
Lexus IS200 - Serious Correction!
This was a job I got on the back of the Megane detail from a trader on the same business park as me. I didn't see the car before the detail, but he did say to me it had been machine polished badly by a body shop whilst it was in for a repair on the rear bumper.
Products used in the detail:
This was then rinsed and the car cleaned as per usual with two buckets and Sonus Sheepskinwash mitt, before being rinsed.
Rather than drying to save time (as it was a cold damp day anyway) I proceeded to clay the car using a Sonus clay bar.
The clay worked really well as it was very soft, didn't appear to be adding any marring (although there was already plenty of this!) and did a great job of removing more contamination than I initially thought there was. I honestly didn't think the car needed doing but was impressed by what was pulled off.
I rinsed and dried the car before moving it inside where it was taped with 3M 3434 blue masking tape.
To be honest I was shocked how bad the paint was. I know japanese paint especially solid blacks can be soft but this car was a mess, with some really nasty buffer trails.
Boot lid, again this had some really nasty buffer trails on it as well as lots of random scratching.
As can be seen from the above the whole car was in quite a state, so to speed things up I mixed a small amount of Intensive polish on the pad with the Menzerna PO106FA. This seemed to just give it that bit more cut but broke down absolutely LSP ready.
The reason why we went for this product combination is we wanted a high carnauba wet looking wax. Victoria Concours excels above all others on solid reds and blacks and that over the Clearkote glaze which are renowned for their wet look.
The car was then finished with the Victoria Wax before being misted mist down with some Victoria Quick detailing spray
Some final dusk shots were taken whilst it was waiting to be colleted by the customer.
By the time I'd finished it was raining, but I thought the lighting made for one nice final picture.
All in a very long and tiring day. This detail took around 10 hours from start to finish.