CleanYourCar
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:39 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

I say "Scientist" is the most loose possible way ... I'm not ... and no sane scientist would ever consider these concoctions, but an insane Hammer-esque Mad Scientist would :twisted:

Oh, what's he done this time?

Well, I had a couple of my favourite products almost empty and replacements waiting to take up their spot on my product shelf ... and a couple of dog ends of products I was not going to use.

... and asfter a few beersh ... my daft old brain got the better of me :roll:

I had about 4oz of Clearkote Red Moose Glaze, 4oz of Autoglym Paint Renovator, 2oz of Dodo Juice Lime Prime and 2oz of Meguiars #7.

That's the basic recipe.

Why the heck? Well, I ain't never going to use the Clearkote Red Moose Glaze again - it marrs the black paint when used by hand and leaves awful shadowing when used by machine. I'm also unlikely to use the Autoglym Paint Renovator again ... and it was drying up, hence the initial blend.

I've always got on perfectly well with Autoglym Paint Renovator by hand and had initially intended to simply revive it with a product high in petroleum content to make what I thought would be more of a Clearkote Vanilla Hand Moose Glaze, but with balls! I think my logic was pretty good and it was worth doing (of course it was :lol: ) if not only for the curiosity value.

Well, I tipped some Dodo Juice Lime Prime in just for the magic and this sent it a very queer colour :shock: Finally, the Meguiars #7 went in, in the hope of creating what I thought would be a nice oily glaze that would have some renovating cut for hand use. At this point, I was very much after a Clearkote Vanilla Hand Moose Glaze ... WITH BALLS!

The colour is a little darker than Clearkote Vanilla Hand Moose Glaze and in use, very much along the same lines. I adore Clearkote Vanilla Hand Moose Glaze - the clarity it gives is quite something, but it does not quite hit the mark with some swirling.

Without further ado, here it is:

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/gallery_albums/da ... CF2600.jpg

Applied with a Sonus Der Wunder applicator to ... would you believe it, now quite swirly paint on an area that seemed worse than others. I think the kids at school where Debo works slide down this side of the car :evil:

It worked :D Light scratching and some swirling gone.

Picture?

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/gallery_albums/da ... CF2599.jpg

You're looking at edge of the bonnet just past the crease. It shows nothing, compared to the bit I didn't do so you'll have to take my word on it.

In a word, very pleased :D

Will I use it again? I am certain I will - it makes for a very nice hand polish that I would use in preference to a filler polish or to getting the machine out on localised areas. In many ways, it achieves what Meguiars ScratchX does, but works for a LOT longer and finishes down really nicely with a mile deep gloss, given all the glazing oils in there.

Will I blend it up again? Well, if I had all the ingredients in, I might you know :shock:

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:37 pm 
Bravo Sir =D>

2 more pints pleash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

Detailing cocktails Image :wink: I must try one sometime.

Looks good =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:13 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

In many respects, it's probably not a million miles off the "Pink Moose Glaze", but definitely more cut.

I have just checked under my "all seeing eye" (the streetlamps) and that side is pristine, whereas the main section of the bonnet has a few glints just turning to light swirling. Those lamps see glints where even the sun does not - in today's sun, it all looked really good indeed. The lamps must just catch something.

I'm going to save it for an after-winter buzz over with the rotary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 pm 
Waffle Weave Wonder

That's cool, you should sell it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:16 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

:lol:

Who'd buy it? Form an orderly queue and I'll get a thimble mixed up :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:25 am 
Waffle Weave Wonder

:lol: I think I'd buy it once I have a nice swirl free finish like you and it seems handy if swirls start appearing for whatever reason :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:20 pm 
Waffle Weave Master

Why do i get the mental picture of you stood in front of the car, new mixture in hind, wiping and giving the laugh of the scientist. MUHAHAHAHA...

:lol:

good results though.