CleanYourCar
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:08 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Another eBay bargain ... and absolute bargain, this time 8-) But ... is it any good?
The company do not seem to be around any more and from a quick google, I think they were one of those kind of Max Power, more girls on the website than cars or wax kind of companies. But first, let's define "good". Well, it should do what it says on the bottle, so I'm expecting a "super wet" finish, it should work easily, be apparent when it is ready to come off, remove with ease and hopefully smell nice too.

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/gallery_albums/ru ... .sized.jpg

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/gallery_albums/ru ... .sized.jpg

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/gallery_albums/ru ... CF8767.jpg

To business ... I spritzed my test panel down with QD and then cleansed the paint with Serious Performance's Paint Cleanser, buffed and then let the surface sit for a minute or two while I read the instructions.

The product is runny, so I managed to pour out a small amount onto a yellow foam pad and then applied to the paint. It went on very thinly and did not dry out fast. I was able to spread it around and then even up the application with some long straight lines. Good so far ... after a minute or two, a light haze was evident so a swipe of the finger proved it ready for removal. I removed with a Eurow towel and then flipped it over to buff.

Very good indeed! It was wet looking, very shiny and quite deep :shock: The "wax" itself is yellow and does not have much of a smell - that's a good thing in my book, since it could have smelled like one of those evil liquids from the Tetrosyl people ... you know, like Tesco Deep Shine Evil Stinky Wax, or something like that :twisted: It does not have a pleasant smell, though; just kind of chemically, but not unpleasant.

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/gallery_albums/ru ... CF8765.jpg

I applied a second coat and this time it did not spread quite as well before it had dried. Maybe I was a little over-cautious about the amount I put onto the pad, but I figured it's already primed with product. Where it did dry, it would have "balled up" like AG SRP when applied too fast or too much to hot paint, so I stopped working it and left it to set for a minute or two. Buffed again and ... yeah ... same again ... no further improvement, so one layer is good enough.

I managed a picture in failing light ... walking around the panel, it does have a shimmer and appears deep to the eye. I reckon tomorrow in good light it will look great!

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/gallery_albums/ru ... CF8772.jpg

As a final note, the "kit" came with an applicator, a microfibre towel and a "towel" that I can only describe as a face flannel. Out of sheer curiosity, I used it ... I used to use high quality terry towelling for buffing for many years before microfibre go mass-marketed and the flannel felt soft enough, so I had a final final buff with it ... MY LORD :shock: HOW SLICK? The thing nearly flew out of my hand ... whether that's the finish of the wax, or the normal action of the flannel I don't know ... I'll be using it again, so I'll get a feel for what it's like on different finishes. Just a thought ... raid the bathroom, guys ... let's see what you think :lol:

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing

Last edited by pjgh on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:59 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Ooh ... interesting reaction :shock:

I just popped out to have a look under street lamps and ... what's this ... the whole boot and only the boot is matt grey :shock: :oops: Looking at the other cars, there is a slight condensation in the air which has covered the other cars (except ours) in that patchy condensation. Our cars are completely clear apart from this test panel from tonight which is covered in such a fine mist that it is impossible to view the droplets - it is so fine it has re-coloured the boot a lighter shade and grey!

I did wipe it just to make sure the Rude Wax had not had a mad reaction and turned the boot grey :lol:

I'm not sure what this proves, but the panels finished with Collinite, CG WMF, BH Auto Balm, AG EGP and CG Blitz do not exhibit this behaviour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

very odd :shock:
If it has turned the boot grey , I guess your be sending them a "rude" email :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:36 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

LOL ... back to normal tonight after the rain :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Minor update ... I tried this product again at the weekend and I am super-impressed with the result. Even in winter dull light, the finish looked more wet and glossy than pretty much anything in my arsenal!

I might go so far as to say it is as impressive as what I saw from Pinnacle Souveran :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:11 am 
Waffle Weave

Nice write up, thanks :)

Did like the "Tesco Deep Shine Evil Stinky Wax" reference :lol:

'09 2.0 Passat Highline
'94 1.8 Cavalier (nice!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:34 am 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Oh, that was the other thing I meant to say ... it has some swirl good filling abilities.

Doing a little more reading, this is more of an all-in-one wax which undertakes some cleaning, filling and waxing. How good the cleaning is, I don't know but I reckon it probably along the lines of removing dead wax and greasy contamination underneath rather than total removal of cured, layered products.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:51 pm 
Wash Mitt

"Tesco Deep Shine Evil Stinky Wax :pmsl:

i want to see that on the label

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:16 am 
Waffle Weave Master

Thanks for sharing.

How does it compare to NFS or SRP as an AIO?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:24 am 
Ruler of the Fluffy

ahaydock wrote:
How does it compare to NFS or SRP as an AIO?

The "Rude Wax"? I don't think it compares much at all. As far as I can gather for the theory, it is an engineered wax primarily that might have some cleaners in there and does some swirl filling, but whether that's from polishing oils or fillers I don't know.

In use, it is very definitely an LSP, not an AIO. It does appear to layer, so I think any cleaners are not very strong, or need to be worked hard. For prep, a light cleanse/polish is the way to go and I've used this on top of Car-Lack68 NSC and Tropi-Care XP - which is a "polish with sealant" and very very close to another product of that name :wink:

I did make comparisons to Pinnacle Souveran wax and I still stand by that - the look is very similiar indeed and improves with a few hours and a little sunshine :shock:

I put my Tropi-Care XP/Rude Wax combo up for swaps a while ago when I was having a clean out, but I pulled then after a short while because I really like the combination and particularly the Rude Wax which I can use to pop a very quick layer of bling on top of any finish as it starts to weather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:24 pm 
Wash Mitt

Our reviews section not going too deep in the pages I found this interesting review. I then searched on EBay and found a litre of wax for £13 deal, though shipping is higher then this for me. I wonder if it is such a wonder wax, or the wow effect lasted only a couple of days? No paint job needed I hope :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:34 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Blimey! Two and a half years ago ... I still have this wax and really should use it again. From memory, the look was very much like I'd seen from Pinnacle Souveran. I think it is better than Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax, much deeper and slicker looking.

Yes, I think it'd be worth getting a litre in.

It does do that "all in one" effect with the ability to mask some light swirls. I don't think two layers adds anything, although a second layer added after the first wash should give some nice depth. If the glossiness is not quite right, you can always add a really glossy wax over the top.

Either way, for the deepening/darkening effect it is very much on a par with Meguiars #26 (the liquid version) but a LOT easier to use with the oily shimmering that you see from certain good paste waxes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:53 pm 
Wash Mitt

Thanks for the reply Paul. I now see how long it has past over your review. But you know, the review section has only 3 pages for now.

It looks like this product and the company is faded away somehow. But I nearly matched your definition of Rude Wax to Prima Banana Gloss (not that I have it but as people say it is also runny, filling and smelling bananas). Would like to have it in a smaller bottle as the shipping rises fast but if it is an easy applying, low durability wax it may be better to have in larger volume.

It has £16 shipping to Turkey BTW. I must buy it past midnight when my guards are down, and my wallet's open :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

With the recent questions about the consistency of Prima Banana Gloss, I have wondered whether it might come from the same bloodline. This wax is runny, but perhaps not as runny as how I think the Prima wax is described.

The wax was certainly a gimmick - it is no doubt from a serious line of products from some chemicals company, just rebranded in this case with a slightly risque theme.

For the British weather, I would say that this wax has a low durability, just as many paste waxes do - Pinnacle Souveran (which I have likened the look to) doesn't last long in our weather, and so having an easy to apply and remove wax is a good thing. I'm sure you'll know how and when it would work best with the Turkish weather.

I don't think it's a wax you'd get fed up of if you liked it. Used over polished paint or over a rapid bonding AIO (like Autoglym SRP, or perhaps one of your Simoniz polishes) is perfect. You can top it with a paste wax or just keep adding layers whenever you want to revive the look. You could even treat it as a seasonal product keeping it for fairer weather and moving over to a stronger LSP for months with heavier weather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:20 pm 
Wash Mitt

£16 shipping :shock: .i'll be in turkey in 3 weeks.send it to my house and i'll bring it over for you and post it to you,probably get there quicker as well :D

cheers,mick