CleanYourCar
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:13 pm 
Wash Mitt

Yeah i know it sux but i cant really affort a good foamgun these days :)

Anyone using nilfisk`s own foamgun? was wandering if anyone had any idea how much i should put in it so make it work perfect :)

i use the ph neutral valet pro snow foam
This one :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 pm 
Waffle Weave

It is hard to say, the thing with a dedicated foam lance is that it is design to do the job of foaming, and does it well.

A lot of the detergent bottles that come with the pressure washers predominantly mix the detergent with the water. They do not have the special nozzle that helps to produce the foam.

If you already have the pressure washer your best bet is to experiment. Plus it is half the fun :razz:

:)

'09 2.0 Passat Highline
'94 1.8 Cavalier (nice!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:05 pm 
Wash Mitt

yeah i see...what would you recommend? i mean when its mix with water, do you think i need more or less than "usual"? :) i mean do you need more when theres water in the mix that when u using a foamgun? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:10 pm 
Waffle Weave Wonder

Domestic pressure washers like that of the Nilfisk dilute chemicals quite a bit, just as a test, I found using snowfoam in it neat up to 1:2 seemed to produce a reasonable foam but still nowhere near as thick as foam from a foam lance.

The foam I used was VP Snowfoam Combo which is a strong alkaline based foam so not really wax safe.

Last edited by Leicester Looney on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:10 pm 
Waffle Weave

When I use my foam lance I tend to go for the 1/2 inch of SSF, a good squirt of Maxi-Suds II, top off with hot water, and shaken.

As for more or less, hard to say without trying or experimenting.

To be honet, I have not heard of anyone getting the "snowball" effect without a foam lance.

:)

'09 2.0 Passat Highline
'94 1.8 Cavalier (nice!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:17 pm 
Sponge

Hi...

I used the nilfisk detergent bottle attached to the C110 3.5. Not much different spec to the machine you have. I also used the Valet Pro neutral PH foam. I put approx 25mm (1") of the foam in the bottle and filled almost to the top with warm water.

As you know there is no adjustment of any sort on this set up but I got a creamy mix of coverage on the car and covered the whole (small) car in less the the bottle full.

The dwell on the car wasn't too good as the mix was too thin but as it ran off it softened the dirt. The car was grubby and covered in light dust (presumably from Iceland) I rinsed off and gave it another coat of detergent. After the second rinse the car was noticeably cleaner than when I started.

I would expect a thicker coating with more detergent in the bottle but not up to foam lance standard. I got an AB/HD Lance last week and the results were completely different although I reckon I might get even better when I play around with the settings.

Best of Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:21 pm 
Wash Mitt

i tried it today using 1:2 ratio, that works fairly well, i use about 0.5l in all, 500 ml total, 150ml foam and rest water, seems to work ok