CleanYourCar
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 am 
Ruler of the Fluffy

A couple of weeks ago, after having a quick go with Dodo Juice Purple Haze and Supernatural on the bonnet, I ended up going over that with Poorboys World Black Hole and Collinite 845 ... the sides were also done with 845.

Last week was a simple wash and spritz of Finish Kare 425.

The look is still very much there on the test panel, beading is really nice and pretty much everything you'd expect of Collinite 476S. As far as I'm concerned, the addition of a small but significant portion of Sonax simple made it spread easier and it removed with great ease - pretty much like 915.

I've a few new waxes to try now, so I'll hold the remainder of that blend for next autumn and get some proper foul weather testing. One thing I do know about product selection - Collinite is the one for winter and now I've found 845, I can easily pop a quick layer of gloss as a good top-up whenever it starts to wear off.

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:39 pm 
Waffle Weave Master

You should do some samples mate :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Not a bad idea ... I'll have a look how much there is, but I think I only have enough for maybe a couple of "panel pot" sized pots. If I was to do 15ml pots, I might get five or six out of what I have left. I'd like to keep my own stash for winter, mind :wink:

If I can get some more Sonax wax (off SAAB Kev :lol: ) and a fresh tin of Collinite, I could cook up a fresh batch. To be fair, you might as well just buy 915 :twisted:

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing