CleanYourCar
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:21 am 
Sponge

Hi all
I think if gone for the right section here.
As we are all aware we should put waxes, sealants and glazes on thinly especially on black cars. Most of the time I'm OK with this but sometimes I am a bit heavy handed and put to much on. Even though I can then buff it off it leaves a very uneaven finish making it look patchy. This is something I'm going to have to work on but any tips other than put thin layer on would be helpful.

However the question I was going to ask I can still come across this when applying spay Qds like last touch. Infact any spray product Inc waxes like megs xpress wax. How do you apply less spray? Or do I need to apply more to make it even? Or is it bringing out the patcheness of the sealant / wax. Or all of the above?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

What micro-fibre cloths are you using :?: Are you spraying on the cloth or directly to the paintwork :?: Do you have the same problem in all weathers, hot and cold :?:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:44 pm 
Sponge

Mist direct to paint. For the qd I generally use a really plush cloth. The spray wax what ever is clean. I suppose warm to hot as don't go to as much effort in the winter but I wouldn't like to say as more of a general help query.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:59 pm 
Unless the product details say to the contrary...I always apply direct onto the applicator, prime the product across the entire applicator and then use this onto the panel. Thus ensuring even coverage without high or low spots.

Waxes aren't too much of an issue to get even distribution corrction...as you are removing any excess when buffing. It's always the sealants that need careful application right from the start.