CleanYourCar
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:50 pm 
Sponge

Hey folks,

Firstly loving the site, everyone seems mega helpful and full of knowledge which is great for someone new to motoring and caring for said motor!

I pick my car up on 31st December (I know I know...lol), and ford have offered me diamondbrite protection, but lots of people are telling me it's not worth it!

Someone who attends my gym has told me of a good company nearby who use SiRamik SC15 Ceramic Glass Coating instead and told em this product is much better for protecting my new baby!

Does anyone have any experience or advice they can offer me on this please?

Many thank folks :)

here are the details: http://www.att2detail.co.uk/new-car-protection/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:11 pm 
Forget about having the Diamondbrite coating...it's expensive, doesn't last that long and the Guarantee is voided unless you use the Diamondbrite top-up products.

The cermaic coating is far more robust. However, there are several things to consider when you are going to have a ceramic coating applied....the paintwork must be spotlessly clean and unless the paintwork is highly polished, you will be trapping in all the imperfections beneath it.

So, you need to factor in additional costs and time, before you have a ceramic coating applied.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

I totally agree with willington. Diamondbrite is just a way for dealerships to rip you off :evil: . There is no magic rub on product that gives that WOW finish , most of the finish is in the preparation.

I only know of one person who uses SiRamik SC15 Ceramic Glass Coating and you can see Scott's pro work here viewtopic.php?f=18&p=224759#p224759

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:55 pm 
Sponge

Thanks folks, I might just do plenty more reading on here and learn how to look after my new beauty on my own! It's my first car (none company) in 16 years so I just wanna make sure it gets the best care I can give it! Thanks again folks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:41 am 
To give you a comparison idea of costs.....

For the price a Dealership charges for Diamondbrite..(about £300 for a product costing £5 and two hour's of labour)

you could buy all the detailing gear necessary to correct any imperfections in the paintwork and then protect it with your own choice of product

or

pay a quality pro to perform a single stage machine polish (new car detail) with your choice of protective coating.