Post subject: Re: Black Car Wax
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:53 pm 
Sponge

dekkerfish wrote:
Have ordered a sample of DDJ Purple Haze based upon this thread,
Sounds just the job for Midnight Black

cheers

Let us know what you think!

There's a great review here of Britemax Black Max glaze & Britemax Vantage wax. <dons tin hat for linking to other detailing site>

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=376415

What I have read in my research indicates that DJ PH wax lasts a month or so, and Vantage supposedly 3-4 months. Probably worth the extra tenner for the Vantage then, depending how often you want to be polishing & waxing! Anyone used Vantage wax on black car?

Last edited by Dave79 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:33 pm 
Wash Mitt Wonder

We have a 4 month old black Audi A4. Before it gets its proper spring detail I wanted to try out my wax collection on it so alst weekend I SRP'd the roof, bonnet and boot, split each surface in half and applied 6 different waxes

DDJ RAinforest rub
DDJ Superantural
DDJ Supernatural hybrid
Victoria Wax Mayhem, Chem Guys XXX hardcore paste wax
Auto Finesse Passion

The oily waxes were far easier to see on the black paint, rainforest rub, Mayhem and passion

Supernatural hybrid, supernatural and chem guys were the easiest to buff

Looks - no difference what so ever to be honest

The supernatural hybrid does give the best, roundest, highest beads though

Personally, I wouldn't buy a wax based on "colour charging" or optimised for xxx colour. The wax is a couple of microns thick, it wont make any discernible difference to what you can see.

id recommend the supernatural hybrid, easy to use, reasonably priced, looks good, great water behaviour and lasts ages.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:08 am 
Sponge

mbaker wrote:
We have a 4 month old black Audi A4. Before it gets its proper spring detail I wanted to try out my wax collection on it so alst weekend I SRP'd the roof, bonnet and boot, split each surface in half and applied 6 different waxes

DDJ RAinforest rub
DDJ Superantural
DDJ Supernatural hybrid
Victoria Wax Mayhem, Chem Guys XXX hardcore paste wax
Auto Finesse Passion

The oily waxes were far easier to see on the black paint, rainforest rub, Mayhem and passion

Supernatural hybrid, supernatural and chem guys were the easiest to buff

Looks - no difference what so ever to be hones

The supernatural hybrid does give the best, roundest, highest beads though

Personally, I wouldn't buy a wax based on "colour charging" or optimised for xxx colour. The wax is a couple of microns thick, it wont make any discernible difference to what you can see.

id recommend the supernatural hybrid, easy to use, reasonably priced, looks good, great water behaviour and lasts ages.

When I started getting some car care stuff together 6/7 weeks ago the wax I got was BH Double Speed based upon my theory of having never waxed a car before it would be a step in the right direction for my (nearly) new car.
My Korrasol arrived today (yet another product type I did not know about) so think I'm now able to do the whole process.
Going to try the Purple Haze wax though initially even if just for it's smell :D

Have noted your recommendation though as future purchase.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:54 am 
Sponge

dekkerfish - have you tried the DJ Purple Haze yet & if so what do you think of it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:51 am 
Sponge

Dave79 wrote:
dekkerfish - have you tried the DJ Purple Haze yet & if so what do you think of it?

Hi Dave,

No, I had full intentions but found a full size pot of Supernatural Hybrid which was recommended here at a very good price.
Definitely will try it at some stage.

Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:41 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Supernatural Hybrid will give a lovely finish on modern black - clean and crisp with some warmth. Personally, I loved that really oily finish which Orange Crush gives.

Dodo Juice do have a new wax, especially for black cars - Black Widow. I have a pot which arrived a couple of days ago but have yet to have the chance to use it. Talking to Dom, it's based on Supernatural Hybrid but with Montan Wax.

When it comes to black there are two finishes, inversely spectacular to each other. If you get a highly reflective finish (say with Supernatural Hybrid), it will be very glassy but not especially deep. With a deep, oily finish some of the shine will be muted but it will look so deep.

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:37 pm 
Sponge

Ash wrote:
I would have a look at Britemax Black Max Ultra Fine Polishing Glaze before applying a wax http://www.britemax.co.uk/acatalog/Black_Max.html

It's way way better than Blackhole and it leaves a deep wet look :cool: . It can be applied by hand or machine.

Get a sample of DJ Purple Haze wax to add on top and I bet you will smile :D

So I had a go yesterday after claying, with the Britemax polishing glaze and DJ Purple Haze on top. Car looks great which is the main thing, but so much for that Purple Haze being 'soft' wax. It seemed hard to get the stuff onto the pad, and not just because of it being a sample pot. I dread to think what the hard wax is like to apply. Is it supposed to be that hard or did I get a duff pot? Maybe it just seems more difficult because I've come from a liquid wax, but my arms were killing me after finishing waxing. Will stuff like the Supernatural or Britemax Vantage carnauba waxes be easier to get on the pad & apply by hand?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:30 pm 
You don't try and scoop a hard wax out of the pot....you twist an applicator pad onto it and smear the wax VERY thinly onto the paintwork in a circular motion, then strike it off in horizontal lines.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

As above. DJ Purple Haze is a very easy wax to apply and buff off!

If you run you're finger over the wax in the pot it just melts :cool:

less is more when it comes to wax :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 pm 
Sponge

Ash / Willington - Perhaps I found it hard twisting the applicator pad onto the DJ wax because it was a tiny sample pot. Maybe it would be easier in a full size pot, but I must say I lean more toward liquid wax.

Big fan of the Britemax Black Max Ultra Fine Polishing Glaze though. Have you tried the Britemax Max Shine Liquid Wax over this? I guess they’re designed to work well together?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:00 pm 
Sponge

I put Fusso Coat on my car in February and a week later topped it up with some King Of Gloss. On a black car it looks amazing.