CleanYourCar
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:37 pm 
Ruler of the Fluffy

Replacing their existing Professional Plastic Conditioner, Autoglym have revised the formula to provide a fast, easy conditioner for exterior (and interior) plastics.

Not just for professionals, I'm sure once this hits the popular auction sites in smaller volumes it will be a great product for enthusiasts.

My test platform is the large expanse of tupperware that forms the skirt around our black convertible. Such an area of plastic has been hard to maintain and although I did have a favourite product, didn't use it often.

First, don't think of this as a trade version of Bumper Care - it couldn't be more different ...

Application is so easy. It is a wipe on and wipe around product with no need to wipe off. No need because it really is easy not to overdo. The conditioner spreads easily and is absorbed into the plastic as you work. I used perhaps 5ml to condition the a whole side of the car and get a good way into the front and rear bumpers.

Applied to a terry pad, simply wipe over the area and massage in. You will notice the treated area darkening up, as demonstrated above.

So easy, it seems a shame to leave any product not massaged into something plastic on the car. Light clusters come up a treat, too.

Beautiful!

So, for application, only a small amount of product needed, effort is negligible, results, excellent.

How does it fair?

In the rain it beads up nicely and dries off well, without leaving dusty marks behind and does not streak with prolonged rain.

After the first wash and dry a week later, it's still looking good ...

... although areas that receive physical abrasion did show signs of the product having removed:

Par for the course with any such product, I would say. The area can be re-dressed easily and brought back up to the same look as the surrounding area.

In summary, this is a lovely product to use, rejuvenating trim with a clean and conditioned look without appearing gloopy or overly plastic. Minimal effort required with a small amount of product, it does not run or streak, looks good in rain, dries well and is not removed by a wash and dry.

What else could you want out of a plastic conditioner?

This product is available in 1L bottles.

http://www.pjgh.co.uk/#detailing