CleanYourCar
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:56 pm 
Sponge

Hi,

I've had an auction repo Ibiza sat on the drive since Septemer, and the seats are starting to go mouldy. I've had previous interiors cleaned with a wet vac, but I haven't got one and they are quite expensive. Can anyone recommend a steam cleaner that will bring my seats up please?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:11 pm 
Sponge

You don't need a steam cleaner, its easy to clean mold off or clean dirty seats and then treat the area.

I hoover the seats first, then shampoo the seat(s) by hand using only chemical and a damp agitator cloth that foams the chemical/shampoo. Scrub seat with a scrubbing brush, use a chamois to remove any excess moisture, then dry with a micro fibre cloth.

You can then spray a odour eliminator on the seats that kills any bacteria. Just let the odour eliminator work its way into the fabric, no need to agitate it.

Cleaning seats by hand imho is much quicker than by wet and dry. In the warmer months, by the time I have cleaned the last seat the first seat has dried. So 30 minutes max drying time, winter is slightly different dependant on the temperature. Drying time also depends on how many times the seat(s) needs cleaning if its heavily soiled.

Hope that answers your question or some of it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

Yes hand cleaning can work extremely well with the right products. I find SONAX Xtreme Foam Upholstery & Alcantara Cleaner is quick and effective http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/ ... _1201.html