CleanYourCar
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I committed a sin!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:56 pm 
Sponge

Andy,

Thanks for that. Like you say it doesn't look as good as it did a month ago when you first applied it. That's a shame really. I think I'll still give it a go, but might hold off buying it until next year as both mine and my wife's cars are done for the winter now. My A7 with DJ SNH and her Q2 with Sonax P&S NPT.

What I may do is leave a couple of panels without the polish and do a comparison.

I suppose this may go to prove that a sealant really should be bonded on to bare, squeaky clean paint. Apart from Sonax own polish with NPT.

Intesting to see what future results you'll get. Thanks again for the update.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:11 am 
Sponge

i went out to look today as it rained a lot last night and it does look more impressive then my before pictures, i'll get one later. i redid the sides of the car this week in the same method and it does hold some very small tight beads that run down the car in lines.

No doubt an impressive product, wether its better applied to bare clean paint or not.... maybe it is. having a glaze under it makes it very easy to apply.

i do wonder if i used a DA to buff the glaze would it be better...? i'm planning on one for xmas from the Mrs.

like you say, i think it is best on bare metal, for when you have done paint correction first or happy with how your paint is....

IMO its better then wax in terms of ease of application and longevity i feel..... but who knows :) everyone has their preferences!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:56 pm 
Sponge

heres some better pictures, bare i mine the car isn't clean at the minute, has about 300mile trip on it since the last clean....

so the sides i redid this week as you can see... the bonnet hasn't been don't for ages but left it for now as i'm working my way through the million stone chips.