CleanYourCar
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:55 pm 
Wash Mitt

Is this product available in the U.K?

Has anyone tried this or something similar?

Thought it was a great product for the non-professional who wants the protection but a much simpler application method, and versatility of being able to treat multiple surfaces with the same product.

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Never heard of it myself but Google has :wink: http://www.nano-shine.co.uk/?product_cat=automotive

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:43 pm 
Would anyone actually want an aerosol spray to apply a ceramic coating. You would have to mask off any rubber seal and then still have issues in applying it. The spray would blow all over the place!

I contacted nano-shine 5 months ago regarding their polishes. Asking simple questions such as diminishing or non-diminishing and the abrasive grades. Despite 2 e/mails and 3 phone calls, they never responded.

nano-shine took over the UK agency for Permanon and then abruptly stopped selling that Brand.

Not impressed at all with Nanoshine!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 am 
Site Admin

They seem to be a company that only sell via their site. I guess they don't want the larger world to know about them :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:08 am 
Wash Mitt

willington wrote:
Would anyone actually want an aerosol spray to apply a ceramic coating. You would have to mask off any rubber seal and then still have issues in applying it. The spray would blow all over the place!

I contacted nano-shine 5 months ago regarding their polishes. Asking simple questions such as diminishing or non-diminishing and the abrasive grades. Despite 2 e/mails and 3 phone calls, they never responded.

nano-shine took over the UK agency for Permanon and then abruptly stopped selling that Brand.

Not impressed at all with Nanoshine!

The video I linked shows the "Qp On" coating as a spray sealant (not aerosol) , you spray into a pad and then wipe over the surface unlike the traditional ceramics that flash very quickly.

This won't provide 1-7yrs like traditional ceramic coatings but can be applied a lot easier.

My guess is durability would be around 6-12 months as that's what I can typically get from carpro hydro2 with correct application and maintenance, but the ceramic aspect interests me as the gloss and scratch resistance should be better.

In the video the detailer just wipes over all surfaces and it appears to work on plastics too.

I've never shopped via nano shine or heard of qp on before which is why I thought I'd ask on the forum to see if any detailers or enthusiasts knew anything about this product.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:44 pm 
If you apply a ceramic coating, whether by applying it by applicator pad or aerosol, the last thing you would want is a ceramic hard coating on rubber seals......it would ruin their flexibility and pliability. Therefore, you would still need to tape off the rubber.

I was interested in trying this product myself, but their agents just wouldn't respond to any contact.

Given that most of the product you are considering purchasing is water (the transfer agent) and an equivalent ceramic hardcoat such as CQuartz Uk costs less and lasts far longer...but with the same method of application. Is the QP product a viable and cost effective option?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:02 pm 
Wash Mitt

Got a reply back from the manufacturers, not a ceramic "glass" coating after all:

Quote:
QP-ON works like a easy system :

2.0 is the basic and most important coating
2.1 is made for maintanance as a shampoo incl coating
3.0 is made for maintanance as a detail spray incl coating

2.0 you must delute 1:20 with water and apply like spray it on a wet car ( after washing) and rinse it off with water

2.1 just add to a Bucket of water like 1:20 plus minus

3.0 is ready to use

We are working on our new pricelist at this moment and i can send it to you asap

Its not a glasscoating so you dont have the heardness but you got a Awesome protection and smooth and hydrofobic

Basically the same thing as my current sealant Carpro Hydro2, just more expensive

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:16 pm 
By the looks of the product, this is a Si02 (Silica Dioxide) product. How this is bonds to the paintwork is by a chemical raction, or in the case of Permanon's version...reverse electrostaticity.

Whilst it may have the same chemical components as 'glass', it isn't a 'solid' sheet ceramic glass coating.