CleanYourCar
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fallout removal.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:32 pm 
Sponge

My girlfriends car is a White Ford Ka and it seems to be a magnet for iron fallout. Some of it is actually noticeable as tiny rust spots on the paintwork. Is it possible to remove the noticeable spots without having to apply fallout remover to the whole panel and if so would it then be ok to re-apply glaze/sealant/wax etc to just the affected area that the spots have been removed from ?

The car park she uses at work is a stone throw from the Birmingham airport runways and I've wondered for a while if the excess fallout could be caused by all the air traffic coming and going. If that is a possible cause I would expect the roof and bonnet to be the worst affected but it's the lower half of the car that is worst affected.

Confused !

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Fallout removal.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:46 pm 
Almost certainly, it's NOt the airport, it's the brake dust from all that city driving.

You can't remove the rust spots without using a fallout remover or clay bar. Both of which will rip off the glaze/wax or sealant in the surrounding areas.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:35 pm 
Sponge

Has anybody or does anybody use a pump sprayer to apply fallout remover ? Would it corrode a brass nozzle in no time ? I normally use Bilt Hamber Korrosol and apply it with the bottle it comes in but I find I use less product when applying products with a pump sprayer and the nozzle is also adjustable to get a finer, wider spray pattern which also aids in using less product.

So would it be ok to use a pump sprayer ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:45 pm 
Waffle Weave Wonder

I was once working near Birmingham airport but even closer to Birmingham International railway station and used to get lots of fallout, much more than usual.

Re. Pump sprayer, you should be fine, I have used Autosmart Fallout Remover with one before and it was fine, just rinse the sprayer out with water when you're done.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:59 pm 
As Dazza suggested....

next time, when you run out of the Bh product...consider buying Kenotech Ultra wheel cleaner (£14.99 a litre)...it can be safely used on paintwork and wheels. Very powerful stuff and very economical....gel like consistency and the spray nozzle is very fine. 4 or 5 light spray for a wheel close up....2 or 3 further away.

here's the product test I did on it....

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=226377#p226377

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:06 am 
Sponge

Thank you Willington for the link to the test you did. I'm nearly out of Korrosol so will definitely consider the Kenotech.

Will definitely not be using the amount the chap in the video did :shock: :shock: blimey !!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:58 am 
Quote:
Will definitely not be using the amount the chap in the video did :shock: :shock: blimey !!

Yep, he really over-killed the amount required and showed a total lack of understanding how to use it correctly.

When my Kenotech Ultra runs out, I will definitely get some more...but will also keep the empty bottle for other tasks where I need a fine mist spray.