CleanYourCar
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:08 am 
Sponge

Hi all, Its been a while but having bought a new motor and protected as above I am hoping to find out what I can use from a shampoo/ snow foam, Quick detailer perspective.

I have so many products but since I've had this work done all I have used in the last couple of weeks is my Bilt Hamber snow foam and Megs NXT (I also have Gold Class but dont want to use it with the added wax in the product.

I also have 5 litres of Chemical Guys - Synthetic Quick detailer but dont want to use it unless I am sure its going to be ok with the Gtechniq.

In addition my alloys are also protected with Gtechniq so again wonder what I can use with them.

Can someone point me in the right direction/ posts on here (I can seem to find anything).

Hoping I dont have to buy Gtechniq products but instead use some of my existing products...

Thanks in advance

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:18 am 
Sponge

Realised Ive been on here 10 years this year and celebrated by going back to Skoda... Got her a bit dirty yesterday...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:49 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum, Skoda looking good :cool:

I'm sure the snow foam will be fine. Any product which has it's own wax or polymers like the Gold Class shampoo or the Chemical Guys - Synthetic Quick detailer will add it own properties on top of the Exo. In the real world I would give those products a try and see how much they affect the Exo regarding it's sheeting and beading. Then it's up to you if you use them but they will not strip the Exo coating and I doubt if anything they add will last very long anyway.

I've never used the Gtechniq shampoo but I can highly recommend their QD :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:06 pm 
I've not used Gtechnic either so can't really advise however, what Ash says above sounds very plausible.

I wouldn't expect CG QD to have any detrimental effect on the Gtechnic nor the Gold Class as long as you use it in the correct dilution ration.

From experience, with wheel sealants (CG wheel seal), I wouldn't do anything more than wash them off at wash time, if it comes to the stage where contaminants are sticking to them then you need to strip and reseal anyway but that shouldn't be for quite some time.

edit: Just remembered I did try C2V5 iirc but only a sample and can't recall much about it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:14 pm 
Wash Mitt Wonder

If you have exo on the car, you wont need any quick detailers etc. for a year or so.
HAving spent that much cash getting top products on the car, just buy the G Technic shampoo, and if you must have a QD, some C2V3, which can be diluted down to a QD / drying aid, which will help resurrect the beading when it does eventually start to drop off.
Putting other products over the top of the GTechnic is a waste IMHO.